The DEWALT DWS780 is one of the more high end miter saw models provided by DEWALT. It has a price tag this large for a reason – this thing is a beast. At 15 amps and 3800 RPM, there isn’t much you won’t be able to cut. The blade, at 12 inches, is huge and is more than versatile and is easily portable despite it’s size.
What are a few of the best features?
The big plus for the DWS780 is precision accuracy. Even if you aren’t that accurate yourself, this machine should make up for it. It contains 10 different stops that are clearly marked to make your life easier. If these weren’t easy to use though, it wouldn’t be worth mentioning. Of course, there are locking mechanisms in place to make sure you don’t make a mistake. This, along with the cross-cut alignment allows you to maneuver it like a pro. When you are using the different angle settings, there won’t be any need to worry.
Of course no product is worth the money if it doesn’t last. As with most DEWALT products, this thing can taking a beating. With precision casting, durable guards, stainless steel detent plate and fences there isn’t much worry for you in this department.
See the full feature list on Amazon here
- If you like to abuse your tools, then you have no worries here. The design features built in make this Dewalt very durable
- It is properly aligned as soon as you take it out of the box
- Several safety features for the less experienced
- The stops on angles make them much easier to cut
- For those uninitiated with miter saws – the DEWALT DWS780 contains many options to make it easy to use
- Cut line projection to help you see what you are doing
- Some users have had issues with the saw’s sliding ability
- Slide is also a little restrictive
- General trimming looks great, but may not work the best for interior cuts
What are you going to be getting?
- 15 Amp and 3800 RPM motor
- XPS cross cut positioning system
- Back fence system for more advanced cuts
- 10 stop system with adjustable stainless system detent plate
- Great dust collection system
- Long, 3 year warranty
What is our verdict?
If you are looking for the best miter saw that requires a 12 inch blade, you can’t go wrong with this one. It is one of the more expensive models, but the overall ease of making cuts with it makes it worth the money. While the slide tends to be an issue for some people, we think it is something that can be overlooked with the rest of the features. For people who don’t have much experience tuning one of these saws, the out of the box calibration is even better for you. We suggest giving the DWS780 a serious look to buy.